Back from my local vacation! Three weeks, three hotels, numerous swimming pool to polish my freestyle and breaststroke all in between baking and endless road trips on the mountain range. What was I thinking? Not only that, I was able to catch up on my readings thanks to the popular digital newsstand, Zinio.
Mayhap it is the reason why going back to beating deadline is so easy because my vacation was packed with learning. I downloaded a collector’s edition of Triathlon, a sports magazine which had extensive section on the science of swimming. That was even better than hiring an instructor that will set me back at $800 for 15 days lesson. For the record, I am not training for anything but merely wanting to learn and swim as flawless as possible. Like the live mermaid show we watched last week. I do have ambitions you know – other than finding the best mascara remover.
When things get too technical, I read something a little more domesticated like Baking for Beginners. It’s a book I downloaded also from Zinio and packed with baking tips and step-by-step photos designed to encourage you to spend more time with your oven. I have managed to bake lemon meringue pie, a most decadent, moist carrot cake complete with cream cheese frosting, and red velvet cherry pie with lattice wok crust — all from scratch. I read while the boys took turn from the water slide and when I can’t get that yummy image out of my thought, we go down home, bake for a day before setting off for another road trip.
That is how digital magazine took over my life. I didn’t have to pack any heavy volume of pages while on travel. Simply with our iPad and iPhone, we had access to over 5,500 magazine titles. From the Conde Nast Traveller, National Geographic, Vogue, Better Homes & Gardens, to Glamour, Brides, You and Your Wedding, Cosmopolitan, Photo, US Weekly, anything you wish to read at any given day and time.
And today, the generous people of Zinio is giving 10 lucky readers a chance to subscribe for a year on their favorite magazine. Whether you are a seasoned traveler, a budding fashionista, devoted to personal style, amateur photographer, on the early stages of planning your wedding, or wanting to know more about stocks, there is a magazine to suit your interest.
- It is a multi-platform distribution service for digital magazines, with more than 5,500 magazines from a wide range of publishers.
- Users can access their magazines through a web browser or on custom apps for Apple iOS, Android and Windows 8 smartphones and tablets, and download magazines to read offline.
- Zinio is accessible in 33 languages.
- Magazines, including back-issues, may be purchased individually or through subscriptions, with new issues downloading automatically.
- Founded in 2001 by Kevin McCurdy, Zinio is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in New York, London, Paris, Barcelona and Taipei.
1. Follow me on Instagram.
2. Be a fan of Kero’s Celebration Facebook Page
3. Choose any title offered on Zinio.com then post this on your Facebook: “I want to win a year’s subscription of (name magazine of your choice) via @Kero’s Celebration in collaboration with @Zinio, the world’s famous digital newsstand.”
4. Tweet this: “Be 1 of 10 winners of magazine subscription from @Zinio via @kero_p. Details here >> http://www.mrspinkihan.com/giveaway-10-winners-of-magazine-subscription-from-zinio-digital-library/”
5. On the comment section below, leave your name, the magazine title of your choice, and email address.
Conde Nast Traveler
*If you are not comfortable leaving your email address, your can DM me on Facebook or Twitter.
The giveaway is open worldwide and runs until October 7, 2013. All 10 winners will be notified via their email address. Thank you for joining and the best of luck to you all!
In celebration of the iPhone 5S Launch, you might also want to check out Zinio’s latest offering:
Get top Mac titles such as App, McUser, Macworld, and iCreate up to an extra 40% off at http://bit.ly/zinioiphone5launch . The promo ends at September 26, 2013.